Eating well with diabetes doesn't mean giving up on flavor or your favorite dishes. In fact, it's all about finding creative and nutritious alternatives. Our Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic Glaze recipe is a mouthwatering side dish that perfectly balances the earthy goodness of Brussels sprouts with the rich, savory flavor of bacon and a sweet balsamic glaze. It's not only diabetic-friendly but also a crowd-pleaser for everyone at your table.
- 1 pound of fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 4 slices of lean turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat and Prepare: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat it with cooking spray.
- Bacon and Brussels Sprouts: In a large mixing bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread them evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the chopped turkey bacon over the Brussels sprouts.
- Roast: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for about 25-30 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are tender and slightly caramelized, and the bacon is crispy.
- Balsamic Glaze: While the Brussels sprouts are roasting, make the balsamic glaze. In a small saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar over medium heat. Simmer for about 5-7 minutes or until it's reduced by half and has a syrupy consistency. Set aside.
- Final Touch: Once the Brussels sprouts and bacon are done, drizzle the balsamic glaze over the top. Give it a gentle toss to ensure everything is evenly coated.
- Serve: Transfer the dish to a serving platter and serve hot. The combination of the crispy bacon, caramelized Brussels sprouts, and sweet balsamic glaze is sure to please your taste buds and leave everyone wanting more.
Eating well with diabetes is all about balance and making smart choices. This Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic Glaze recipe offers a delightful balance of flavors while keeping your blood sugar in check. With its fiber-rich Brussels sprouts and lean bacon, it's a delicious and diabetic-friendly side dish that can become a staple on your dining table. Enjoy the mouthwatering goodness without sacrificing your health goals!